In 1922 Elco® Tool and Screw was founded in Rockford, IL, primarily to supply wood screws to the booming local furniture manufacturing business. Over the ensuing several decades the company continued to grow by finding new markets and developing its fastener manufacturing capabilities. By the mid 1960’s a new facility was built and the name was changed to Elco® Industries Inc to reflect and more diverse multi-product / multi-market portfolio.
The growth and penetration into new markets during the 70’s and 80’s prompted the division of the business into stand alone facilities that were more product focused. That led to the creation, in 1984, of Elco® Construction Products.
Today Elco® Construction Products still manufactures innovative fastening systems for steel and concrete applications in its new state of the art facility in Decorah, IA. The commercial construction industry relies on Elco® and these 18 brand name products that continue to be specified on high profile projects around the globe everyday.
Elco® Construction Products continues today to develop innovative products to solve critical application in the construction industry. Look for the introduction of Super-Flex™ and Tap-Flex™ to the Flex Technology® line up of products in 2011!